Kapil,

Thanks for your inputs.

> Since you mentioned the driver dbg messages do show some activity, I think
> editing /etc/lircd.conf should solve your problem. Try using irrecord to

What I notice is, once a key is pressed reads from the device keep
returning its code continuously. If I do cat /dev/lirc and watch debug
output (dmesg -c), it just keeps printing the same code continuously
even if you release the key. When you press some other key, it keeps
returning that key's code. One would expect the code to be returned only
once per a normal quick key press. But that's not happening.

This confuses irrecord completely. It gets last key pressed
automatically when it says "press an arbitrary key". Later on also it
keeps getting codes of previous key press automatically.

Am I missing something here? Do you see such behavior on your setup?

(Actually I suspect something wrong with module parameters of lirc_gpio.
I am trying to tweak them with no luck till now. Otherwise, it may be
that my hardware is not be supported by the driver.)

Mayuresh.