Hi all,
From the responses I got about the D-Link 502T I understood that ethernet is better hence after hunting around settled for D-Link 538TX just for compatibility reasons, which doesn't mean that the above router is not compatible with Intex card or something. Anyway the card installation hardly took 2 minutes & in XP there were already drivers of the D-Link 538TX in the driver database itself & from the floppy just upgraded the drivers. The whole operation hardly took 5 minutes & I was connected. Now with the Linux drivers it's a *.c file which needs to be compiled, here's the list of instructions given to have the card functioning :-
step 1: copy the driver rtl8139.c from driver diskette to you linux.
 step 2: compile:
         The instruction for compiling the driver is include at the end of
         the driver file. (run this instruction at /usr/src/linux)
Or you can use the Makefile included in the driver diskette \Linux.

 step 3: insert the driver as module:
          insmod rtl8139.o
         (run 'lsmod' to see if the module is inserted)

 step 4: bind your card to an IP address

         /sbin/ifconfig eth0 ${IPADDR} broadcast ${BROADCAST}
         netmask ${NETMASK}
         (run 'netstat -i' to see if there is a interface 'eth0')

step 5: add your card to IP routing table, then add gateway also your card:
         /sbin/route add -net ${NETWORK} netmask ${NETMASK} eth0
          (should be able to ping local network now)
         gateway:
         /sbin/route add default gw ${GATEWAY} netmask 0.0.0.0 metric 1

 step 6: start inet deamon.
         /usr/sbin/inetd
         (you are on the network now)

*make sure that your kernel is built with network, fast_ethernet and module
  support. Otherwise, you have to rebuild your kernel.
       (1:go to /usr/src/linux directory
        2:run 'make menuconfig' or 'make config'
        3:mark the options list above.
        4:exit and rebuild your kernel.
           make dep;make clean;make zImage
          the file 'zImage' will be at /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage
        5:modify /etc/lilo.conf.(this file specify where kernel image is)
        6:run 'lilo'  )

 You can run 'netconfig' which will do step 4,5,6 for you.
 Then just add a line at the beginning of '/etc/rc.d/init.d/network'.
       'insmod /your driver path/rtl8139.o'

 then your driver will work every time you boot.

One thing for sure, not for the newbies. Hope to get some comments on this one. My main point is here is not windows is better than Linux or something like that, it's more is this the best we should be thankful from the D-Link guys or should they've included binary drivers keeping in mind that there are so many different distros. that people use. It's not a troll, just a honest question. Hoping to get some comments/suggestions on this.

--
                          Shirish Agarwal
                         Life is a dream Enjoy it!