Hi,

A G wrote:
> i would like to buy a laptop.
> can anyone tell me the dealer/shop where i can get a
> good bargain?
> my budget is 25K.

That would mean that you are looking at the following options:

[1] IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads (Celeron)
[2] Zenith
[3] Xenitis
[4] Millenium (probably)

Best to stay off Celeron (they are seriously underpowered), if you want
to do some multimedia (watch DVD etc) on it

> and requirements are that it should work with ubuntu
> linux and i should be able to connect to net using
> mobile.

For a bit above your budget (say till 32K) you will get nice models from
Acer (Travelmate) and HP-Compaq (possibly) which are sturdy and powered
enough to help get the jobs done. They seem to work fairly well on
Ubuntu (depends sometimes whether you are on stable or unstable) and the
mobile connection to net (GSM, Bluetooth, Reliance) should work fine.

Regards
Sankarshan

ps: Acer has a better sound though

--