On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Devendra Laulkar
<devendralaul...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does your question imply that why don't we have something like project
> gutenberg for local languages ? Anyways, I always wondered about this
> question. There has been some effort by IIT's and other institutions, but it
> seemed to be scanned images of text, instead of the actual literature in
> UTF-8.

In a way yes, you did put it across much nicely than I could. I don't
see enough content that is shared via a Project Gutenberg or like
system. And, I don't come across enough content in UTF-8. There are
umpteen magazines and thus content must be created regularly, what I'd
really like to know is what stops the authors from pushing them out in
UTF-8. This is somewhat in the context of the fact that the Indic
content creation experience is significantly improved since the early
days of IndLinux.

I am not really interested in the scanned images. They are good
efforts, but don't end up addressing the issue.

--
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;