On 20 August 2018 12:27:02 GMT+05:30, G Karunakar <karuna...@geekgod.in> wrote:
>On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 20:25:10 +0530
>Dhanesh B. Sabane wrote:
>
>> Aloha!
>>
>> Over the last couple of weeks, our #pluggies channel on Freenode
>> IRC has been receiving a lot of spam and we should be enabling
>> certain modes to prevent it. The `/msg chanserv access #pluggies
>> list` command tells me that 3 people have access to the channel -
>> shantanoo, karunakar and freenode-staff. Someone please get in
>> touch with any of them and ask them to moderate the channel as soon
>> as possible.
>>
>> Also, if they don't have the bandwidth to keep moderating the
>> channel, I'll be more than happy to volunteer for the task.
>
>I think we have moderators and no OP.
>Is it bots which are spamming? Could this be due to bots joining
>through matrix.org link?
>I have seen couple joining the channel, posting a link and quiting. I
>assume its not the same nick posting. Maybe difficult to block each
>nick,or perhaps allow known nicks only.

There is no spam from the matrix side.
Unlike IRC, spamming from matrix side is very difficult as it requires creating
an account on a known server.
Also the spam controls for the group can be controlled very easily.

Some of us have been talking about the goodness of matrix for a while.
Just to state , 'matrix users are not causing the spam, nor the matrix bots`

please address the spam on the IRC side.