Afaik mod_jk is already discontinued for lack of support, i ialready tested
tomcat using fedora core 6 and centos 4 and 5 and it worked like it should
using port 8080 or whatever port you assigned to it.

  Ciao!

jan gestre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  On 7/10/07, JM Ibanez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  "jan gestre" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 7/10/07, jan gestre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>     Hi guys,
>
>     How do i configure apache to let tomcat handle all jsp request? I
>     can't find any relevant info via google or I am using the wrong
>     search string.
>
> as additional information here  is the snippet of  my httpd.conf:
>
> NameVirtualHost 72.232.xxx.xxx:80
> #
> <VirtualHost 72.232.xxx.xxx>
> ServerAlias example.com
> ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> DocumentRoot /home/example/public_html
> BytesLog domlogs/example.com-bytes_log
> <IfModule mod_php4.c>
> php_admin_value open_basedir
> "/home/example/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp
> "
> </IfModule>
> <IfModule mod_php5.c>
> php_admin_value open_basedir
> "/home/example/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp
> "
> </IfModule>
> <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
> UserDir disabled
> UserDir enabled example
> </IfModule>
> ServerName www.example.com
>
> User example
> Group example
> CustomLog /usr/local/apache/domlogs/example.com combined
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/example/public_html/cgi-bin/
>
> <IfModule mod_jk.c>
> JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
> JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
> JkMount /servlets/* ajp13
> </IfModule>
> </VirtualHost>

What version of Apache are we talking about here?
apache version 1.3  with php5 on CentOS 4.5 on VPS.

  The above mod_jk config is, I believe, mod_jk and not mod_jk2; mod_jk2
is the preferred servlet engine connector.
  Check out this page:
http://rimuhosting.com/mod_jk2.jsp

Also, check out the mod_jk2 docs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc-archive/jk2/index.html