On 5/3/08, Christian Masancay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Iris Lames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Please help me decrypt password into readable texts.
> >
> > I have a sample here:
> >       dn: uid=some.user,ou=people,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> >       userPassword:: VmVRdWFrczE=
> >
> > Please tell me what tool you used in order to decrypt it. (Promise, I'll use
> > this in good ways).
> >
> > Thanks again.

> Good morning,
>
> The password is a base64 encoded text string.

it is a strong indication that the password is base64 encoding because
of the "=" character at the end of password and not a normal crypt(3)
function with two characters salt + 11 characters hash function which
is 1 character shy from the password above..

"VmVRdWFrczE=" = base64("VeQuaks1")

i want to make sure first if the password is correct before we
conclude it is indeed base64 encoding... that is why i want her to try
it first...

fooler.