On 6/25/08, Ludwig Isaac Lim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi:
>
>    Has anyone tried running Xming that runs Linux(or Unix) X11 applications?
> IMO, it seems that
> Xming *can* be better choice as opposed to VNC, if you only want to ran 1 X11
> application?
>
>    Has anyone tried benchmarking VNC and Xming?

ever since microsoft windows is my prefered desktop.. i used xming (X
server for windows) when i installed oracle remotely as oracle
installer is an X client application that required to use an X
server...

xming and vnc are two different animals.. xming uses X display
protocol while vnc uses remote frame buffer protocol... xming or X
server runs on user's computer while its clients run on the remote
side... on the otherhand.. vnc clients runs on user's computer while
its server runs on the remote side...

it is really hard to benchmark as these two are different animals...
its uses depend on your needs...

fooler.