On Mon, 23 May 2011 18:27:28 -0700
John Jason Jordan <joh...@comcast.net> dijo:

>Are there ways to reset switches? Can they be repaired?

I just discovered that my Netgear GS116 has a lifetime warranty. Or so
Netgear's website leads me to believe.

I do want a 24-port switch, and because of my experience with the
Netgear I had figured "any brand but Netgear." I may have to rethink
that reasoning.

Meantime, the Trendnet and SMC switches that have been suggested have
only a one-year warranty. In fact, looking on Newegg and Dell is where
I discovered that Netgear offers a lifetime warranty, which is hard to
find in anything else short of $1,000+ units.

I'll call Netgear tomorrow and see what they say.