Ubuntu 12.04 does not have a context menu for this.  I copied an
existing one in the Dash, edited it, and got something that works on
the desktop, but it is filled with stuff the meaning of which I do not
know, and launches slowly.  I copied a very simple desktop
configuration file from my other system, made two simple edits
(command and icon), but the system objects--not certified, or
something like that.

The program I am trying to create a launcher for is the Arduino IDE
1.06 (Ubuntu is 3 years behind the times.)  The executable is a script
located in /usr/local/src/arduino-1.0.6/  Can someone explain how
launchers are created, and how to get them into Dash?  (I attempted to
read a thorough explanation of such files, but it was beyond my pay
grade.)

Thanks,
-Denis