On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Russell Senior
<russ...@personaltelco.net> wrote:

> Denis> Done.
>
> Denis> Now the problem is with the printer.  It wants a net mask, I
> Denis> enter 255.255.255.000, yet the printer says I gotta be no higher
> Denis> than 255.  Wha??  Try again tomorrow.
>
> What printer is it?
>
> Maybe there a seperate fields for each octet?
>
> Also, the traditional way to represent that bitmask is with a single
> zero in the last octet (i.e. 255.255.255.0), but I can't fathom why that
> would make any difference.
>

> --
> Russell Senior, President
> russ...@personaltelco.net

The printer is an hp officejet 4630e.  The entry screen has fields for
each digit with decimal points between each group of three.  I enter a
digit, hit OK, and it moves to the next digit.  After entering the
last zero I get the error message.

I have to do some research, and make sure I understand what is being
asked for.   I also have access to an HP forum and a support chat.  I
am sure I will get it figured out, but it is a pain that it has been
such a bumpy road.

-Denis