I have been prompted to examine my system in detail since getting errors of
unknown causes (See Desktop failure thread).  A few messages flash on the
terminal as I shut down.  They go by too fast to read without the
assistance of a video camera.  A few of the messages are:

"* Stopping save kernel messages"
"Speech-dispatcher disabled: edit /etc/degault/speech-dispatcher"
"WARNING: All config files need .conf:
/etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-current_hybrid.con.hidden, it will be ignored in a
future release."
"*Starting MD monitoring service mdadm --monitor"
"Saned disabled; edit /etc/default/saned"

I searched /var/log for some of these texts but got no matches.  I googled
for a few of these but only get hits where people cannot boot their
system.  Is there anything here that rings alarm bells?

Thanks,
-Denis