>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <kei...@gate.kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> Security, CPU, etc?  I don't know of any CPU that is "better" for
Keith> security, and if one had special features for that, the kernel
Keith> would need to support those features.  I would love a CPU with
Keith> byte-counting interfaces, and large integer modulo arithmetic,
Keith> and a kernel that exploited these to cryptographically checksum
Keith> modules and programs as they come off the disk.  But most people
Keith> believe that sofware-only security is sufficient, so I don't
Keith> expect to see such hardware soon.

Along the 'build your own' laptop line, this has been around for a while
now:

  https://www.crowdsupply.com/sutajio-kosagi/novena

which is interesting.

--