On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:39 AM, Michael Dexter <dex...@ambidexter.com> wrote:
> Did the place near the old Norvac on Nimbus survive?

Oregon Electronics is now only in Eugene:
http://www.oregon-electronics.com/x/home.php?cat=260

I stopped by URS a year ago and was shocked at how little they seem to
stock out front compared to the Good Old Days. Maybe they still have
lots of stock out back?

I didn't have much luck at Fry's either a couple years ago re-capping
a TiVo power supply. When I stopped by in April I was surprised they
moved all the PC stuff around for the first time ever as far as I
recall. Not sure it didn't shrink considerably and the cap selection
may not be that good either. I seem to recall they carry the NTE line.
You could check to see if they even have the caps you want part
numbered before heading down.

You might have some luck at Surplus Gizmos on Cornelius Pass but the
caps may not be of recent manufacture.

NealS