I am glad that it sorted your problem.

All you need to do, what I do anyway, is to run the auto remove command
every few months, or as often as you feel like in order to remove old
packages and kernel versions. It took a while to fill your /boot
partition, so you should have about the same time before seeing the
problem again.

When apt removes the unused kernel packages, it takes care of Grub
configuration too.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Tomas