On 01/26/2017 07:46 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> It goes to Free Geek unless someone wants it:
>
> HP Laserjet 4+, includes Postscript SIMM, as much RAM as I could stuff
> into it, and a duplexer. The duplexer for this model is hard to find,
> but I have one. It has an ethernet connection as well as a parallel
> port, plus there is another nine-pin jack (serial?).
>
> This has been described as the most reliable printer ever made.

Indeed.  I can vouch for the 4+.  Had one for ages until it didn't make
the cut on a cross country move.  I'd love to take it but the wife might
beat me with the proverbial stick if I collect any more computer related
stuff.

The 4P/MP were better than the 5 and 6 that came after (although the LJ
6MP is pretty solid). After the 6 series HP took a bit of a dive in
longevity ruggedness.  Now, its all about multifunction and its hard to
get a good printer that just prints.

-Ed