On 08/06/2017 03:39 PM, Michael Robinson wrote:
> Do I need a physical Raspberry Pi 2 to test software developed for
> it that doesn't compile on the Raspberry Pi 3 or is there a way on
> my AMD based 64 bit Fedora 26 system to emulate a Raspberry Pi 2?
>
> Of course the proprietary software in question which I will not describe
> in any detail, don't ask, apparently doesn't compile on
> the 3.  The code is C code.

You will want to run the RPI operating system (Raspbian or whatever), as
a virtual machine via either Virtualbox or qemu.  This wont help you
with hardware issues, but can assist in locating software issues and
compatibility when compiling software.

For example:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175454