I assume this just works, but does anyone have recent experience/advice
regarding putting Linux on Intel NUC's?  or similar hardware.

I admin my retired boss's desktop boxes.  They are ancient core 2 duo
boxes with a pathetic 2gig of RAM each.  I suggested updating them to
i5's from Free Geek's thrift store for about $200-$250 each, to get them
into the current decade's equipment, but he said he might be willing to
go better than that.  The NUC's are in the $500 range with memory and
storage (we have them set up as terminals currently, all the important
files live on an NFS server, so local storage needs are minimal).  Getting
NUCs would probably require updating the displays as well, since it
looks like the NUCs are HDMI only and his displays are VGA/DVI, iirc.

Thanks for advice.

--
Russell Senior, President
russ...@personaltelco.net