I have an HP office jet 4630.  It is connected to my desktop computer via
USB.  I was able to print from my laptop until I changed my wireless router
(long story documented here) to my Comcast wireless modem.  I had momentary
success restoring the laptop's access when I set up "wireless direct" in
the printer to connect to the new wireless, but then I kept getting jobs
held in the laptop's queue.  In frustration I deleted the printers as seen
in my laptop and then installed the same printer using the same gui.  Now
it works.

Question is, what could be going on?  I know that the information I  have
supplied is sketchy, but there is so much I could dig up that would not be
relevant, and I do not have a good sense what might be relevant, that I
hope to see a barrage of question helping me narrow the scope of relevancy.

-Thanks,
-Denis