On Friday, March 22nd, 2024 at 5:04 PM, American Citizen
<website.read...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A few years ago, I took my Linux OS which is openSuse Leap v15.3 or so
> and ran a check on the documentation such as the man1 through man9 pages
> (run the %man man command to pull all this up) versus the actual
> executables on the system.
>
> I was surprised to find < 15% of the command executables were
> documented. Naturally I was hoping for something like 50% to 75%.
>
> If I am going to talk to an AI program, such as ChatBot or one of the
> newer popular AI program and ask it to generate the documentation for
> the complete OS, what AI chatbot would you choose?
>
> My idea is to clue the AI program into the actual OS, then ask it to
> finish documenting 100% of all the executables, or report to me all
> executables which have no available documentation at all, period.
>
> This means the AI program would scour the internet for any and all
> documentation for each command, and there are 10,000's of executables to
> examine. (which is why I believe this is an AI task)
>
> Your thoughts?
>
> - Randall

That would be an interesting experiment to see what it comes up with. I would
question the results simply due to the quality of current LLM implementations.

>From recent anecdotal experience, I recently bought an expensive Logitech
>keyboard and it was behaving strangely so I tried to look up how to perform a
>"factory reset" for this model. The search results I found via DDG were
>interesting, there were multiple duplicate hits for what appeared to be a tech
>blog with generic instruction pages for my device. However there were multiple
>iterations of this page, for this keyboard model, each of which had
>instructions referencing physical features that do not exist on this actual
>keyboard. These appeared to be AI generated help pages that were clogging up
>actual search results. They were very well written, If I hadn't had the actual
>device in front of my I might have actually believed that there was a pinhole
>reset button next to the USB port.

If you do this, you may need to find a way to define a "web of trust" that
allows the AI to differentiate between human written articles, and AI written
summaries. As it is right now, you might find yourself telling an AI to
summarize help pages that are AI written summaries of
AI written summaries of (
  AI written summaries of (
    AI written summaries of (
      AI written summaries of (actual manuals)
    )
  )
)

Recursion FTW! :)