First off, what is Raspbian Stretch's default window manager?

Second question, does this window manager take an inch off of all sides of the screen by default? The Viewsonic projector before I connect via the hdmi projects a wider and taller picture, the classic Viewsonic parrots. The image from the Pi is an inch smaller on all sides. I need to project full size. I tried zoom 1.1, there is no way to trigger that from the Pi and opening chromium I realised that the browser was off the screen because of the
zoom.