I'm using a new keyboard that has a short space bar because there are two
'Windows' keys on that row, one on each side. The left 'Windows' key is on the
left side of the left Alt key. The left Alt key is an alias for the Meta key
and I want to swap the two key's positions for ease of reach.

  Using xev I learn that the left 'Windows' key has keysym Super_L and the
left Alt key has keysym Alt_L.

  I tried modifying my existing .Xmodmap which swaps the left CapsLock and
Ctrl keys by copying the remove and add sequence for Super_L and Alt_L.
Unfortuately, xmodmap did not like this:

        remove Lock = Caps_Lock
        remove Control = Control_L
        remove Super = Super_L
        remove Alt = Alt_L
        keysym Control_L = Caps_Lock
        keysym Caps_Lock = Control_L
        keysym Alt_L = Super_L
        keysym Super_L = Alt_L
        add Lock = Caps_Lock
        add Control = Control_L
        add Super = Super_L
        add Alt = Alt_L
        keysym Alt_L = Meta_L Alt_L

  I must have a syntax error that I don't recognize. A clue stick is needed.