On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 10:20:37 -0800
Dick Steffens <d...@dicksteffens.com> dijo:

>This probably won't do what you want because it seems to lose
>paragraph indenting, but I can copy the text of a pdf and past it into
>a LibreOffice Writer document. I don't know what other formatting it
>might lose, but it's something to play with.

LibreOffice will import a PDF file, although you have to install an
add-on program to get that functionality. I don't remember off the top
of my head what the name of the add-on is, but it's in the Ubuntu Trusty
repos. I think I found it by searching on 'LibreOffice' in Synaptic. Or
maybe I searched on 'PDF.'