Hi,

My task for this weekend is to install CentOS 7 on my primary machine.
It's currently running CentOS 6, so after tonight's backup I will
perform the 7 install.  I've done other installs of 7, but this will be
the first of a machine that is running important stuff.

Here are some of the services that I currently have running.  Among
these, ssh, postfix, and dovecot are the most critical.  The others can
be brought up on an as needed basis.

cups            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
denyhosts       0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
dovecot         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
fail2ban        0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
httpd           0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
postfix         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
postgresql      0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
smb             0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
sshd            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

If you've learned anything relevant from performing a CentOS, Scientific
Linux, or RHEL migration, I'd love to hear it.  I've read through the
Redhat Migration Guide, but I'd be interested in hearing any other words
of wisdom regarding the move from 6 to 7.

Thanks!
galen
--
Galen Seitz