I think that you are against the physics here, not against any
particular piece of a software.

Normal RGB pixel is 3*8b=24b
1920*1080*24b*30fps=1,492,992,000
Yes, that is 1.5Gb/s just in raw pixels no image frame or network
overhead. Gamers typically prefer 60fps to feel fast shooters and need
to respond pretty fast.

Those display cables carry pretty awesome bandwidth and with pretty low
latency. Just imagine what that network speed and latency will do to
the game, MS+magic or not. That traffic must come out of Dfx card, to X
then through network stack back to X and another Gfx card.

If you are thinking about saving money by throwing 10Gb network at it,
I would sleep on it. Cheap PC with cheap graphics card can give you
better and cheaper gaming experience.

Alternatively you could do it other way around and get decent
workstation and run server workload on it when not gaming. That would
work just fine.

Just saying, Tomas