On 03/02/2018 09:43 AM, Chuck Hast wrote:
Well, the cooling is liquid, has a large heat exchanger to get rid of the
heat
and the CPU part is a large piece of copper that is held down on the CPU,
the heat is moved out of the copper block via heat pipe to the heat
exchanger.

I see the i7's all over the place too. From boxed devices for over $500 to
used
on Ebay, so looks like the selection is all over the place.

I see a lot of 3.40 mHz devices, not so many 3.50 mHz units.

Have you maxed out the memory, and are you using an SSD? I think you should do that first if you haven't already.

Regarding the processor, I agree with Bill W in that an i5 will likely give you a noticeable improvement without breaking the bank. The change from an i5 to an i7 would be less noticeable. Unless you doing something truly compute intensive that can take advantage of the extra threads, the difference between the i5 and i7 will be minimal.

galen
--
Galen Seitz
gal...@seitzassoc.com