I suspect there are relatively few different types of devices in this pool,
because there are relatively few types of wireless keyboards/mice. Markings
are important.

Logitech uses a 2.4Ghz-but-not-BT protocol (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_Unifying_receiver). They have their
own trademarked icon, but i think that is more recent than the devices and
protocol.

There's also a lot of poorly-marked didn't-give-money-to-the-BT-SIG devices
from offshore vendors.

I think generally Russel's advice is good here, re: trial-and-error, but as
a possible refinement, i think i might do a first-pass of classification of
the USB dongles first (see
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/74367/watch-usb-connections-vendor-id-product-id-revision
for instance) to figure out how many different device-test options you
need, and how interchangable they all are.