On 06/19/2018 07:07 PM, Russell Senior wrote:
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 9:02 AM, Tyrell Jentink <tyr...@jentink.net> wrote:

On the second side, the interface name is enp0s29u1u1u4. On the first side,
the output doesn't make sense, I would try again.

What part doesn't make sense?  It looks like he unplugged and replugged in
a different USB port and the interface name changed accordingly.

The first cable end was not unplugged.
Better formatted output of "dmesg", "lsusb -v", "lsusb -t" coming this afternoon.

Fwiw, I am not a fan of "predictable network interface names".  I find
eth0, eth1 ... ethN vastly more predictable, but never mind about that.

Suspect that is related to my confusion - more later.