It seems that it would be safer to have the DAS array attached
permanently to your NAS and access it over the network. That is if your
NAS has eSATA port.

That way it would be permanently attached like internal drives and that
should avoid these type of synchronization errors - Especially when you
use it as RAID0.

RAID arrays, especially in striping configuration, do not like to be
detached or put to sleep without proper sync and umount.

If attaching it permanently to NAS is not an option, autofs with
reasonable timeout avoiding the DAS power saving mode, instead of mount
in fstab, would probably help too.

Hope it helps, Tomas