October 29, 2018 9:30 AM, "Jason Bergstrom" <ber...@bergie.net> wrote:

> The Mayo Clinic in Rochester has several jobs listed:
>
> https://jobs.mayoclinic.org/job-search/?br_keyword=&br_location=Rochester&br_category=IT+and+Enginee
> ing&br_specialty=0&br_schedule=0&br_benefits=0&br_telework=0&show-search-message=1
>
> Jason,
> ber...@bergie.net

I've already applied at Mayo Clinic, getting in is nearly impossible.  IBM in
the last decade or so as the second major employer here has cleared out almost
completely.  The number of positions compared to the number of skilled
applicants is highly tilted and not in my favor.  I wouldn't be six months
unemployed if the job market were decent here.  Rochester
has all the disadvantages of a city with none of the advantages like good
public transit.  I miss Portland.