Apple has no trouble accessing SMB shares. Apple supports doing everything over
SMB now, including TimeMachine. Note that FreeNAS doesn’t support this yet.
There is an open ticket for supporting it. Apple has (for several years now)
had AFP support as deprecated. Its recommended you move everything to SMB
(exception being TimeMachine shares).
I’m doing this with mine and it works fine.

> On Dec 1, 2018, at 2:24 PM, Michael Christopher Robinson
> <mich...@robinson-west.com> wrote:
>
> On my Mac Mini 2014 I'm getting this error:
>
> The operation can't be completed because the original item for
> "MichaelcRobinson" can't be found.
>
> Note that my AFP share is MichaelcRobinson and yes it exists.  I
> can access it from Fedora 29 as an SMB share.
>
> Is it even possible to export the same directory on a FreeNAS 11 update
> 6 box using both Apple and Microsoft style sharing?
>
> What is this original item that can't be found?

Louis Kowolowski                                lou...@cryptomonkeys.org
<mailto:lou...@cryptomonkeys.org>
Cryptomonkeys:                                   http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/
<http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/>

Making life more interesting for people since 1977