On 1/2/19 10:26 AM, David wrote:
<...>

When you connect each way, what is the response from the command:
   echo $DISPLAY

In each case echo $DISPLAY returns a blank line.

If you get back a blank line, something is preventing the variable from being set. If you get a line similar to "host:10.0" then I would suspect that caja is doing something and not using that environment variable.

Does xterm or something similar behave as anticipated?