On 1/10/19 12:54 AM, Tomas K wrote (on the subject of debugging CGI scripts):

.cgi execution is one of those areas without log coverage.

That makes me wonder if there is log coverage for launching the nVidia driver. I didn't see anything obvious in /var/log. Is there somewhere that will show what files the driver is getting the configuration settings from? Maybe that would point to where the driver is getting the information about how to display on each monitor.

Is there someplace where I can read about what each of the lines in the xorg.conf file does? When I look at mine, both on Slackware and Ubuntu, I don't see anything about the second monitor. Is there some other file with details about how to display both monitors?

While noodling around on a different issue I notice that I have a file ~/.nvidia-settings-rc which does have information about each monitor, but not which one displays where.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens