On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 1:34 PM <mich...@robinson-west.com> wrote:

> I need it for a course I took on Javascript, CSS3, and HTML5. Microsoft
> won't allow anyone to download it apparently.
> The C sharp server side code for the course in Microsoft Learning doesn't
> work with Visual Studio 2017 Community.
> The course I took is Microsoft 20480B which has been since replaced by
> 20480C. I assume and hope that the C version
> works with VS 2017. Another concern, Visual Studio 2012 is meant for
> Windows 8.1 pro. Even if I can get a free copy,
> can I run it in Windows 10? I certainly can't spend $300 on E-Bay for it.
> Another solution is to find a way to resolve the missing
> assemblies... but I'm not convinced I want to learn C Sharp and .Net
> because Microsoft clearly didn't get it right.

You may have trouble getting all the frontend code from a 2012-2013 course
to work in newer browsers.  If you do get it working, it may no longer
follow best practices.  A quick Google search came back with a link to a
GitHub repo from Microsoft Learning with a copy of all the materials from
that course, including updates made over the years under an MIT license.
The updated material should work with the latest version of Visual Studio
and specifically mentions VS 2017, so you should be good:
https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/20480-Programming-in-HTML5-with-JavaScript-and-CSS3

Cheers,

Daniel Hedlund
dan...@digitree.org