On 9/27/19 1:00 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
I need to download a 75M data file and the source makes it available on only their filezilla server. I've installed filezilla here and added the server names the source's instructions tell me to, but I cannot find how to connect
to their server and download the file.

Filezilla's server configuration wants to configure my firewall and router.
I don't want it to touch those. I've no problems using ftp, sftp, ncftp,
wget, and other tools and have no idea why filezilla cannot see there's a
clear and working path from that host to the outside 'Net.

All advice, suggestions, and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

As Wes mentioned, it sounds like you installed Filezilla server instead of client. I use Filezilla client. It's pretty straightforward for connecting to a host.

Looks like the client is available at SlackBuilds:

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.0/network/filezilla/

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens