WIN98_OL.CAB: Txt.Malware.CMSTPEvasion-6664831-0 FOUND

If this is a false positive, clamscan should be fixed to not flag it. If,
however, the image of Windows 98SE and
Windows Millenium I downloaded has the same malware in it, that's troubling.

[michael@eagle michael]$ cat winworldpc.com.txt
======================= http://www.winworldpc.com =======================
This archive has originated from WinWorld

WinWorld is a site devoted to saving and sharing abandonware -- providing
free, unrestricted access to a large collection of old operating systems
and applications. We believe old software which has fallen out of use
should be available for anyone to use for the purposes of learning and
experimentation.

Our downloads library can be accessed from our website

Stop by WinBoards, our small but long-standing community. Whether you're
looking for help or just dropping by to say hello, you can do so easily
with no registration required!

 Do visit us at http://www.WinWorldPC.com
[michael@eagle michael]$

If winworldpc.com is a known source of malware disguised as Windows Millenium
and Windows 98SE isos, that needs to be common knowledge.

Why am I bothering with dos based Windows, actually a hybrid 16 bit/32 bit
system on top of MS DOS? Because Q-Soft only works in dos based
Windows in an actual QSP-2 made by Tyco.

I'm trying to experiment with a Chinese SBC called an EVOC which has a Pentium
4 on it. SBC means single board computer. This SBC has no floppy
controller. I'm experimenting with a multi I/O plus floppy plus IDE ISA card
meant for a 386 or 486 to see if I can get around Windows 98's buggy usb floppy
support.
I am employing freedos 1.3 live image, but I can't prove or disprove floppy
drive functionality so far. I doubt that the bios of the EVOC supports the
int19h bios extension. I have an option to enable onboard floppy controller in
the bios, but I think that is intended for a USB based floppy controller. Since
I'm using a passive
ATX picmg 1.0 backplane, the ISA slot I"m plugging into is not particularly
what the I/O card was designed for. It was designed for a motherboard and an
old one
at that, like a 386 or 486.

To solve my malware issue, do I need an MSDN subscription and what does that
cost per year? Q-Soft runs in Windows 98SE, Windows Millenium, and it can work
in Windows XP but there's no driver for the ISA shared memory card... so XP can
only be used to learn how the software works in offline mode.

A potential problem with the EVOC being made in China is that it could have
hidden hardware for espionage purposes. This is an industrial computer. The Red
army has been caught putting hidden hardware into SBC's that phones home so to
speak in order to steal secrets from U.S. companies. Apparently, the
sophistication of the spy hardware is increasing. It could be hard to detect it
as the hardware may lie dormant until something activates it. This SBC is old
enough that the Red army may NOT have put espionage hardware in it, but again,
how can I know for sure without going to great and expensive lengths?

I'm wondering if there is a linux live cd that can help me determine if this
EVOC has spy hardware in it or not?