I happened to log into one of my VMs, a debian buster, and tried to run
uptime. I got a message about a missing library, and searching the web,
discovered an old bug report about something not being cleaned up properly
on a dist upgrade (this started out as a Debian 7, now Debian 10. The
package involved was called "live-tools". I didn't install that manually,
and I'm slightly confused why that would be on a regular installation. It
seems to be a tool for constructing live-boot media, but not a lot of
information online.

Do any Debianistas know why I'd have a live-tools package on a regular
server install?

--
Russell Senior
russ...@personaltelco.net