Here's an interesting challenge. First, I am not a programmer, but I can
sometimes piece stuff together and modify to make it work.

I have seen these on other web pages and they seem like they should be
simple enough. I have a document file with about 200 locations nationwide.
Each location has s site number and an address and description of the
location. What I would like to do is have a web page with a map I can zoom
in on with a dot for each location. Clicking on the dot brings up a small
box with the site number, name, and a link to the description. Clicking on
the link brings up a new window with the paragraph describing the site
details.

Maybe there is some kind of service I can incorporate for this? It will be
very low volume and out of my pocket, so Open Source or otherwise free is
nice.

Thanks for your ideas.
Michael