Okay, I found /etc/cron.daily/exim4-base which seems to be the script that
is running each morning. I'm not really that smart in reading these
scripts. I find the mail command and the subject line. What I don't seem to
find is the TO: line. I do see references of $E4BCD_DAILY_REPORT_TO which
may be the TO: string, but I can't find that variable defined. I find these
declarations at the beginning of the script:

E4BCD_DAILY_REPORT_TO=""
E4BCD_DAILY_REPORT_OPTIONS=""
E4BCD_WATCH_PANICLOG="yes"
# Number of lines of paniclog quoted in warning email.
E4BCD_PANICLOG_LINES="10"
E4BCD_PANICLOG_NOISE=""

but those are empty strings.

I did move the exim4-base script out of the cron.daily folder which, I
hope, should stop the outgoing emails. I do need to get this mailserver
working again. Is exim4 still a good choice? Anybody recommend a good
tutorial on it? I haven't worked with mailservers since about 2005 so I'm a
bit rusty and need to get caught up on current practices.

Thanks,
Michael