I have an old piece of equipment that handles monitoring and remote control
for a site. It has an old serial dot matrix printer that would print out
alarms situations and status readings. We want to keep the basic unit, but
the printer has died. I'd like to replace the printer with something like a
Raspberry Pi that would watch the serial printer line and store the data to
a file, probably on a daily basis. I'm not great at programming, so I would
like to find an app that could easily handle this duty.
Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael