-Ben

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Thursday, September 23rd, 2021 at 4:01 PM, Michael Dexter
<dex...@pdxlinux.org> wrote:

> On 9/23/21 6:22 AM, Daniel Ortiz wrote:
>
> > Another suggestion you could consider doing is making the meetings into a
> >
> > YouTube live and putting the meeting link in the description. It might not
> >
> > solve your problem of low attendance, but it is an idea than can be
> >
> > scrutinized. It also doesn't have to be YouTube live if the price of
> >
> > helping Google get more money, and be more dominant is one that won't be
> >
> > paid. Also, some people might interact through live comments, so including
> >
> > their interaction in the meetings could also be considered.
>
> I'll say this... one of the single things that surprised me most this
>
> year with an online developer summit was then they pushed from Zoom to
>
> YouTube (Live?) and I could pause to take a phone call, and catch back
>
> up to realtime. They scheduled ten minute breaks, put that on the
>
> screen, and was remarkably smooth. I will look into that. Not that we
>
> have breaks, but it actually solved a problem!
>
> Michael

The youtube live thing is kind of cool but I'm never really sure how "live" it
is since the interface is kind of slim on those details. News companies have
been using it lately and I wonder if any other video streaming services have
something similar. Unfortunately Odyssee wandered off into college bro memeland
so I'm hesitant to suggest it even though it's a nice system.