For the past 48 hours it has been working without fail. To accomplish
this required several shutdowns and rebooting both computers. I don't
know which 'repair' did the trick.

As for why we did this, my remembery is fuzzy, but it seems to me that
it was either to keep CL out, or because they wanted rent for theirs, or
both reasons.

I don't like to fix stuff that ain't broke, so my current inclination
is to leave it alone. However, I am still curious what happened. Why,
for example, was the initial problem only in getting to the internet
while access to local stuff (printers, etc) still worked? Why did
access to everything die completely on my desktop, but the laptop lost
access just to the internet? My interest in questions like these is
just academic, hopefully to gain knowledge in how to fix things the
next time.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 03:09:52 -0700
Russell Senior <russ...@personaltelco.net> dijo: