Update: I have a tentative taker for the Z820.

Neither of us are clear if that roped them into a talk!

BUT... they've put in their time. All good.

Michael

On 2/1/22 1:15 PM, Michael Dexter wrote:
Hey!

Perhaps against my better judgement, I bought one of these on sale:

https://www.newegg.com/p/288-00CG-00018?Item=9SIB14AFN61298

Product: ATOMSTACK A5 Pro Laser Engraver, 40W Laser Engraving Cutting Machine for Metal and Wood, 5.5W Output Power, Compressed Spot CNC Carving DIY Laser Master, Eye Protection Fixed-Focus, 400x410mm

I have some items in mind to produce but am 100% to loaning it to a responsible, semi-experienced, pedantic volunteer who is willing to build it and tell the group about their experiences.

Please reach out directly if interested! Tell me about your experiences with such things! I am all for your putting some self-serving projects through it as long as they're not abusive to the hardware or the world.

I also have an HP Z820 workstation that needs BIOS unbricking! I have the docs, the files, it's been done before, but it keeps putting up a fight. You can have it if successful. Dual E5-2670...

Those are unrelated offers but one-stop-shopping is always a plus.

Michael