Make sure you POWER OFF (not REBOOTING) the laptop before trying to get
into the bios. I've had similar issues where I couldn't get into bios
because you can only do so after a full power off. Some care, others don't,
but worth a try.

- Sent from my pocket computing telecommunications device.  All typos and
poor communications will be blamed on the autocarrot function of said
device.