Is PGP still an OK way to encrypt a document to send
securely as an attachment via email?

Is there a "phonebook" of trustworthy PGP public keys?

Not really an explanation of what I  need:
I occasionally want to send secure messages to people
I don't know well, prior to negotiating more secure
connections.  I don't need supersecure; if I ever do,
I will hire a crypto-genius to help, bekuz I maek mizdaeks.

Yes, MITM attacks are a thing; but then, MITM can replace
good advice on the Plug list with bad advice (Randy Bush
said that?  Seems odd, but I trust him ...)

Keith L.

--
Keith Lofstrom          kei...@keithl.com