On Thu, Feb 17, 2022, 17:58 VY <vyau5...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am testing my Dell laptop with a Linux Mint bootable USB drive.
> Things are all working except HDMI.
> I tried connecting 2 different monitors (using 2 different HDMI cables) but
> it just won't detect the external monitor.
>
> The Window 11 OS is able to see the external monitor so it is not hardware.
> Are there additional config I need to do for this external monitor to work?
> .

You do not identify you HW in any useful way.

That said, there were plenty examples (not hyped up, real support calls)
returning some recent intel based dell laptops with nvidia card because
they could not get it working.

I'd say, google your HW up on linux distros mailing lists. If you find that
you got the same issues - consider doing what many others did - returning
the HW and getting something which works.

-Tom