On Tue, 5 Jul 2022, Ali Corbin wrote:

On mine, 1.40.113, it's on the Appearance page, but closer to the top.

Ali, Dick:

I've installed brave-browser-1.39.122-x86_64-1_SBo which allowed me to
activate the sidebar. It's now set up as was the firefox sidebar: all
regular web sites' icons displayed in alphabetic order. Since I don't need
the sites' names there it's much narrower. Very cool.

Frankly, I can never find my way around the brave settings. Whenever I
want to change a setting, I simply use the magnifying glass in the upper
right corner of the settings page and search for it.

So far I've found what I've wanted by trial-and-error. Of course, it's only
my second day using it. :-)

Thanks for the help,