On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 8:24 PM Keith Lofstrom <kei...@kl-ic.com> wrote:

> Does anyone on the plug list have experience using multiple
> keyboards and alternate character sets?  Suggested vendors
> for those keyboards?  Helpful Linux tools for linguistic
> cripples?
>
> I regularly switch back and forth between Latin, Cyrillic, and (ancient)
Greek.  But I simply switch the layouts, using a single physical keyboard
for each.  Which takes some memorization.  Since I never learned to
touch-type in Russian, I can use a phonetic Cyrillic keyboard and mostly
press the Latin key that sounds like the Cyrillic one.  I do have to
memorize where the extra letters are, or bring up an image of the keyboard
layout, or even bring up the character map and click the letters into the
paste buffer.