Re Cyrillic, there isn't quite a direct transliteration from US_en latin
letters to the phonetics of Cyrillic. I learned to pronounce Cyrillic when
I was in college and used to correspond in hand-written pseudo-Russian with
my dad. It was all in English, but spelled phonetically with Cyrillic
characters which was fun, but there were some gymnastics involved in using
a Cyrillic character that made the weird English sounds I was aiming for.
It probably also amused the people steaming open the mail.

Re nordic, I studied Swedish for a few years, half-heartedly (the one
phrase I really mastered was: "Jag förstår inte"). That's going to be at
least similar to Norwegian. In Swedish, there are literally just three
extra letters: å, ä, and ö.  From consulting wikipedia, Norwegian also has
three extra letters: æ, ø and å. Learning how to produce the three extra
letters with the compose key shouldn't be too onerous (see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compose_key#Common_compose_combinations).
Finnish looks similar (mostly Swedish with a few extra for borrow words
from other languages, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_orthography
).