------- Original Message -------
On Tuesday, December 27th, 2022 at 3:37 PM, bri...@pounceofcats.com
<bri...@pounceofcats.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 22:06:18 +0000
> Ben Koenig techkoe...@protonmail.com wrote:
>
> > Diff essentially does what I want, but it adds a bunch of other stuff. I
> > haven't found a set of options to tell to simply the output. Here's an
> > example:
>

> Study the man page. diff has options which allow you to override the behavior
> when a line is missing, has been added, etc...
>
> you can format those lines arbitrarily. The options
>
> --GTYPE-group-format
>
> --LTYPE-line-format
>
> will be of interest to you.
>

> --
> Brian

Diff could definitely work here but comm seems to directly address what I want
without any fancy formatting. I was able to slide comm into my shell script and
didn't need to add much complexity.

I'm going with the butter knife for this sandwich, even if the swiss army knife
has more features. :)
-Ben